Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 10: Vitamins

This week has been a LONG week. I am also going to admit right away that I am failing at my resolution to work out at least three times a week. I am hoping when my new work schedule gets ironed out it will help. Monday and Tuesday I was doing new hire training and was on my feet a lot in the 7 to 8 hours I worked each day. Then Wednesday I was up and out the door at dawn for a job interview for teaching. But, it was an hour away and then an hour back home. After a quick change of clothes I was headed 2 hours in the other direction to the airport to pick up the boyfriend. It took 2.5-3 hours coming back. All I have to say about that is if a road is labeled as "South" it should be heading in a southerly direction!!!! Thursday and Friday I substituted all day then worked 5-9 on my feet, on the concrete floors. Saturday and then yesterday, Sunday, I worked full 8 hour shifts on my feet. Let me just say my WHOLE body feels like I was hit by a bus or something. When I woke up this morning even my fingers were swollen and sore. Working out this week just was not meant to be and I counted my hours of walking and standing on those floors as my workout.

I did wake up on Sunday morning to do my measurements and it has been a crazy week for them. Since starting a job where I constantly talk and greet customers and walk all day I have been sucking down water like a fish! It is not a bad thing, water is good for ya, but I have also been peeing a lot. This also contributed to the water weight gain I had all week along with the fact I was in the middle of my menstrual cycle. I typically do not get too bloated, tired yes, but not bloated. This week was different and I gained a lot of weight through the week. Sunday I was glad to see I was no longer around 172 lbs.

On another note, this week's resolution is to be sure to take my vitamins daily. Sounds silly, but until I can afford an ALCAT test I am going to have to rely on the next best thing to fight fatigue. My home income thing has some AMAZING vitamins and they really do the trick. The boyfriend even encourages me to take them since I get horribly cranky when I am tired. My problem is that I never remember to take them. I have to take them with food and some days when I am rushing out the door I forget to grab them. This week I must start remembering them daily. Next week I may be adding to the list for vitamins too. Currently I take a multi vitamin and two calcium pills? It is suggested that women take a lot of calcium and they come in a pack. I am supposed to take them twice a day, but once is enough for me. Next week I may add a fish oil to the mix to see if it will help with the swelling and soreness from working all day.

So, you can see from my measurements this week there was still some bloating going on and I think the cement floors are working on my leg muscles. The decrease in the chest measurement is probably due to the sports bra I was wearing. I typically try to wear the same bra each time, but was too lazy to put it on this time. I am not even sure if I should measure with a bra or not, but oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment