Monday, March 26, 2012

Today's Plans = foiled

Well, last night before I went to bed I was dead set on getting that garden into planting condition. I even thought about it before I fell asleep and decided to try to just work the ground myself and save the $50 on the tiller. Which, that decision is still to be determined... Well, last night it rained and the boyfriend thought I was a little crazy, but I live with crazy weather and sometimes it will dry up enough over night to not be a problem.

Not the case when it is raining all morning too. :( Does not look like I will be working in the garden today. Instead I think I will be trying to get better (I am in the draining from the head stage!) and planning/pricing my compost bin. I found ideal lumber last night and it is cheap! If I really get board I could work on it under the back deck. The back deck is covered so under it does not really get that wet. It is also a good thing that we mowed the back yard grass really quick yesterday. It was getting really tall and my sis was going to do it today.

Oh, and for those of you who own a home, this is a really cool idea! I think I will do it when I have a place I could actually set it up at. It is a self-watering garden setup using the water that drains from your AC unit inside. I rarely see our AC hose drain any water, it is hard to believe that it could put out so much that is just running down the drain! I bet you could even do it with container gardening and such. The hardest part might be finding the pump they use.

And that surprise I was making for the bf and his roomie... done in time for St. Pat's. Only, I did not get any pictures... fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment