Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 10 Cont.

So, I went and bought some seeds today. I got most of them started but then realized I forgot to plant the bell peppers. That shall be completed tomorrow hopefully. I did not go all out and buy up all the seeds I would need, but I got the ones which the planting calendar said I should get started inside now. This year I am thinking of just planting seeds straight into the garden mostly. The calendar I am using only gives dates to start tomatoes and peppers inside then transplant them. Now, I just have to convince my sister to leave my garden alone! She used to plant some things in it, but last summer I was the one mowing the yard and weeding the few plants we planted. I think this year she will end up being more proactive if I get it going and then she can mess with it.

So far I have seeds started for jalapeno peppers, big boy tomatoes, a type cherry tomatoes, cilantro, chives, and marigolds. The marigolds are to plant around the garden and anywhere else. I hope to possibly get some broccoli, spinach, corn, celery and a few other things to grow out there as the time and paychecks come along. Now, I just need to find a tiller to till the garden with...

Oh, and I finally broke down and am making ice cream!!!! It is currently setting up in the freezer. I am making it with honey and some local milk I heard about awhile ago. I thought about using this milk when I asked a guy I work with if the jar of milk he had with him was fresh. I was hoping it was and that I could get some fresh milk to make my ice cream with but he told me it was not, it was a kind of milk he bought at the store. It comes from a local dairy and has about an inch or more of cream at the top when you buy it at the store. Local-ish milk? Lots of cream? Glass half gallon jug? What could be better for ice cream than a milk high in fat and comes in a cool container?!?! Now, what do I do with the rest? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment