Thursday, March 29, 2012

Halfway through Spring Break!

Well, I am halfway through Spring Break. Everyone tells me that I do not get a spring break anymore since I am no longer a student but guess what... I went to school to be a teacher, I forever get spring breaks! And summer breaks, and holiday/winter breaks, and Thanksgiving Break. Currently I am substituting and the schools in town are out so I have a spring break. Yes, I still have two nights of work on the side but so.

The first Spring Break Trip to the bf's parent's house went well. We took the long route down there so we could stop and see his grandma in the hospital. She had some surgery last week and we wanted to at least say hi. She is doing well and came home before we had to head back to town. Tuesday was spent outside burning the web worm things out of his mom's fruit trees and then sitting around until after dinner when we decided to go for a ride in the woods. They have a little side by side 4-wheeler kind of thing and so the bf and I crawled in the back while his parents gave me a tour of some of their land, their creek, the old swimming hole where his mom used to swim as a kid, and a few other things we saw along the way. Since I started dating him last fall every trip to his parent's house was either rainy or too cold, or both, so it was nice to be able to get out and do something. I got some pretty pictures and hope to post one soon.

As far as my resolutions... I stuck to enjoying the small stuff! The processed sugar thing went out the window. I tried to limit the sweets, but I would feel rude to not eat all the amazing stuff she makes. Also, it is hard to go to someone's house and make them change what they cook just for me. I would cook and bring my own food, but that would really hurt her feelings probably. I did good until about dinner on Tuesday. She made a spaghetti salad which is mainly some sort of Italian dressing on cooked spaghetti noodles with veggies in it. Sounds weird, but it is good. But, to go with that, she had made some bar-b-que pork I think it was. Well, there was no getting a piece without sauce all over it. the sauce was sweet and honestly, I feel I have had better sauce but I think it only comes from the fact that it was so sweet. Then came dessert...

While there I also had frozen fruit salad from sometime when she last made fruit salad. Unless she added sugar I think I was ok on that. Once there was a tiny sliver of chocolate cake that sounded delicious... until I realized it was a store bought cake. They are never as good as they sound. Tuesday after our ride through the woods and helping get his grandma settled I had some ice cream. I ate cookies and cream ice cream. I figured if I was going to cheat I was going to get both ice cream and oreos! Then Wednesday we stopped in one of the towns on our way home and ate at an asian buffet for lunch with his parents. I figured that I had cheated over the visit, the sauce on my beef and broccoli was sweet for sure, my stomach was already upset and going to be that way, I might as well have a small bowl of ice cream with a small piece of cake. And I was right... my tummy is still upset somewhat from the sugar and such.

I did better there with taking out my contacts than I have been doing at home in the last week. Hopefully that will help me get back on track with that and I suck down water like a fish now!

Today's plan is to get laundry going and get most of the way packed for my trip to Chicago! I am driving to Springfield, Illinois tomorrow to meet up with my dad's cousin and then she is taking me the rest of the way to the city on Saturday. I have a job interview up there to possibly go back to Hawaii for the fall. Right now it is looking like I will get to go back to Hawaii for the month of June to teach so I will probably not take a job there in the fall if I am offered one. I do still want to keep my options open though. The cost of getting everything there again and then leaving the bf and my dog who I really miss and need to take care of just is making going over there for good look so bad. Plus, I would be a little less in debt if I do not try to move there with everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment