Tuesday, February 28, 2012

CHOCOLATE

Cravings are something I rarely get. Ok, so let me re-phrase... Chocolate cravings are something I really get. Right now I have been craving mint ice cream SOOO much, but have not taken the time to actually make some. When I woke up this morning at my sister's house I decided I would eat some fried eggs and toast and then head out for work and on my hour lunch break I would run out and grab something from a grocery store. I say grocery store because it would be cheaper and I could buy a few days worth of food. Well, I woke up and got ready for work, got out the small frying pan, sprayed it with some cooking spray, turned on the burner, put away a few plates from the dishwasher, and then realized we do not have any eggs. :(

Quickly I ran out the door, ran to the store to get breakfast AND lunch, rushed to work, and scarfed down a microwaved sausage biscuit and juice. No, I did not get it from McDonalds. Kroger's had some frozen ones without cheese! I like my sausage biscuits to be just sausage and a biscuit. Lunch was a mixed veggie steamer single serving thing, a burrito, and some raspberries. Oh, and twenty minutes later, the other sausage biscuit.

Dinner came, the nephew and I ate some mac and cheese which he had tortilla chips and a jello thing with and then we shared some blackberries. Tomorrow I have to wake up early and head an hour south to a teaching interview then drive 3 hours north to get my boyfriend from the airport. Not sure what I was going to eat so the nephew and I packed up really quick and headed to Kroger's. Now, I grew up mostly going to Wal-Mart for everything. Minus how much I really would like to not shop there, it really is convenient. Convenient unless you have a 5 year old with you who is trying to make you a deal for a toy if he is really good before he even has his shoes on! So grocery store it is! Kroger here also has a better veggie and fruit selection. Well, a better selection in general in my opinion.

I picked up some eggs, some more All Fruit so I can make a sandwich with the bread I am making right now, and I broke the cardinal rule for my sisters house. I bought peanut butter. The nephew is allergic to peanuts so peanut products are outlawed. At least that is what I thought but my sis has the smuckers pb&j's in the freezer... Well, I picked up my Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Peanut Butter (contains evaporated cane juice which is the most processed sugar I allow myself) and then I saw the chocolate...

Like I said, I typically do not get chocolate cravings and without sugar you are limited to mostly dark chocolate which I think is gross. But any chocolate was sounding good and then I saw the "Dark Chocolate with Forest Mint!" The chocolate knew it could get two cravings in one... So, I gave in. I bought an Endangered Species All-Natural Dark Chocolate with Deep Forest Mint bar. 72% Cocoa in case you were wondering. And.... it is not milk chocolate for sure. :( But it hit the spot and I have only eaten 4 little squares which is just less than 1 serving and so less than 12 grams of "unbleached water filtered  beet sugar." It does provide a nice hint of mint. Not too much, but just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment