Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Random Post

So nothing to big to report. My boyfriend, I think, did want me to report that at lunch today I ate approximately 1.5 teaspoons of the spicy barbeque sauce from Bandana's. The beef just needed something and in case you were wondering, I got a double order of green beans as my side. They actually list the calories of everything and it really makes one think twice... After all this he has not said anything about making me post about his Sara Lee bread which has High Fructose Corn Syrup AND sugar!!! Let me just say, Sarah Lee sucks!!!! Everyone thinks Sara Lee must mean quality and healthy. At least I did, he did, and many others I know do too, but man is it bad! The Honey Wheat that his roomie bought has only 3 or 4 grams of sugars in it. I am disappointed and it makes me just want to give up bread in general. Maybe one of my weeks will be just that...
I could not find the ingredient list. Image from: http://www.saraleebread.com/our-bread/bread
In other news, I love my bathroom scale and have weighed myself at least twice a day on it. I know it is bad and you should weigh yourself once a day, at the same time each day. And on top of that, weight is not a true measurement of health.. blah blah blah. I still get a kick out of weighing myself and if I gain a few pounds I blame it on water weight cause that is probably what it really is.

I think next week's resolution will be to take out my contacts religiously. It is something I am supposed to be doing already, but I have not been doing it enough. I used to not think twice about sleeping in my contacts and then I went to the eye doctor in Hawaii. Let me just say I almost had to change my pants after talking to him! Did you know that if you wear contacts that are not sufficiently clean you can get cyst kind of things on the inside of your eyelids? And people have also woken up blind from blood vessels growing into their cornea area?! From then on I tried to do a really good job of taking out my contacts and I even started using this fancy solution which is Hydrogen Peroxide and such. It is awesome! Holidays, traveling, and all those things that should encourage me more to take my contacts out every night have become the reason I have become a slacker in this area.

PS- Worked out tonight!!! Will probably work out tomorrow too! And... I am working on getting back on this running plan. Maybe in the future a resolution will be to run another 5k?

OMG!!! Just realized I forgot about week 5!!! BUT, I did whip up a new recipe last Tues while babysitting. It was more of an 'There is nothing to eat so let me throw this together' kind of thing. Turned out pretty good though. It was 2 cloves garlic sauteed in some olive oil, one drained can of chicken (looks like a tuna can but it is not!) and then a can of stewed tomatoes, slightly drained. Combine, heat, eat with spaghetti noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment