Monday, August 1, 2016

New Do, New Rug, and New Look

Last week I got a haircut. I went in and didn't know exactly what I wanted but I was shelling out the dough to go to my trusted hair dresser so I left it up to her. She mentioned the Khloe Kardashian lob and that's what we went with. I like it! It feels short but it really isn't that much less than what I had. It is something different though so it is exciting!

I ventured to IKEA again today. I'm a fan. I FINALLY bought a rug for my living room area. It has been more than a year and I finally spent the money one a rug. It is a little less colorful than I would like but it looks good! My dog who dislikes hard surfaces (the entire house) approves! 

Now for the new look... more like an outlook. Today is the first of August. Today is also the first Monday after my summer "job." This means it is day 1 of back to kicking my butt back into shape. No more slacking and back to Crossfit! I went and it was TOUGH. I was proud when I finally added up the weight on the bar for front squats to find I squatted 105#! But the workout was tough with 25 wall balls, 20 sit ups, and 15 burpees. Wall balls are hard to breathe through. Sit ups just hurt after about 10 while the burpees are KILLERS. I'm getting better at breathing through them but they are just tough. I only managed to do 2 of the 3 rounds. I honestly don't know how long it would have taken me to finish all three rounds had I kept at it. My body wasn't prepared for that much. BUT, I went and that is the important part. 

Just a little while ago I went to put my hair up in a ponytail and I saw myself differently. I haven't measured in awhile but I don't think I have changed in inches or anything but the way my arms were made my whole upper body look muscular! I was impressed! 

Also, there has been a huge weight lifted in the last few weeks. I was paid from my summer job and paid off my credit cards. Moving last year I had charged more on them than I liked and had been applying quite a bit each month towards them. That freed up the quite a bit to be applied to student loans. Instead of applying it all towards loans right away I have rewarded myself with things I've been putting off (like the rug) but also will be spending money on clothes! I'm so excited!!! But, I have spent quite a bit already this month on things around the house so I'm thinking Labor Day weekend (after the next pay day) will be clothes shopping weekend. I despise clothes shopping but am always excited about the new clothes. By postponing it until Labor Day weekend I am also hoping to drop some pounds around my waist. (Still waiting on the results of my ALCAT test) 

In preparation for clothes shopping and other events coming up (I just don't know what they are yet), I am going on the 6 days a week plan. MWF will be Crossfit as long as I can still walk on Fridays when I'm done. That may be a few weeks. Tues, Thurs, Sat will be cardio. I signed up for a 5k in 9 weeks which came with a personalized training plan. It is intervals but extremely slow build up and probably a good place to start with adding it to Crossfit. The first week is walking 4 min, run 1 min for 20 min. That should be very doable and might help with leg soreness. Plus, my doggie will appreciate the 4 min of walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment