Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I'm not hungry.

So this weekend while cutting out sugars to attempt to start the Candida Diet, I was starving! I hadn't even cut out the foods from my new list yet and was dying! I was struggling to convince myself to stick to it and see what happens. Then Sunday afternoon I sat down and planned out my meals for the week. It was looking pretty bleak with what I could actually eat by combining the two diets and then to try and follow the rule of not eating the same thing two days in a row?! It was looking like a lot of celery...

Monday for the last minute class I had to take I made some BLT wraps with celery in them with the lettuce as the wrap. (Pork isn't officially on the Candida Diet but I had bacon in the fridge to finish and I'm working with limited options here people...) I was going to put hardboiled eggs in them too but they didn't cook fast enough so I threw two hardboiled eggs in separately along with some celery sticks to snack on. I was distracted talking to a fellow teacher at lunch time and wasn't very hungry so I ate the wraps, most of the celery, and left the eggs for later. A big win for the day was to have food, good sugar-filled food, placed in front of me and it didn't even sound that good. Dropping below 180 also helps keep your focus.... I also drank 100% of my water for the day. (Gold star for me!)

Snack when I got home was my two eggs left over from lunch and then some walnuts while I was making chicken for dinner. That's right, I got my chicken!!! Although it was kind of boring chicken that just tasted like chicken with extra lemon in the sauce so I added quinoa as a side to go with it. Wasn't that bad. I didn't eat a huge portion and yet I didn't have the need to snack or anything like that.

Today I packed leftovers to take with me to school so I could eat there while working on my room some. I know I'm not supposed to eat the same thing two days in a row but again, I'm lacking in options. Tonight I snacked on a few walnuts while frying up some hamburger with some tomatoes. Originally I had scheduled shrimp but that was going to be more effort and I wanted to grill them but it was lightening outside. I topped some roasted bok choy with the beef/tomato mixture and called it a meal. Was actually pretty tasty too! Then, I wasn't stuffed but I wasn't hungry. It was just the right amount of food for the day. I'm working on my last bottle of water to meet my quota for the day right now but overall I'm really proud.

I'm proud that I stuck with no sugar through the weekend.
I'm proud that I managed to lose a few pounds already.
I'm proud that I'm not being controlled by food.
I'm proud that I'm making this diet work and it is working for me.
Most of all I'm proud that I still have a very positive mindset about all of this. It has become a challenge for me to try and stick to the diet for 2 weeks without repeating foods 2 days in a row. I can master this!

Also, I would like to state for the record that I avoided the piece of gum in my desk today AND threw away a perfectly good sucker because let's be honest... do I really need to keep it around for later?

AND... I started keeping a food and exercise journal. I don't remember if I blogged about it or not... Officially I started in June but that didn't go as planned so I picked it back up last week. So far so good. I don't go into great detail on the food but right now my hope is just to track the kinds of food I'm eating on what day so I know how to space them out and to keep myself accountable for no sugar. Turns out, that other blog I read, the one that is doing the spending fast, she posted on Facebook about keeping a food journal too!

Things I have been reassured of by the world recently:
-Getting rid of negative people can only be better in the long run because you can't change them but they can easily change you
-Setting goals to never reach certain points in your life is something many people do and it can actually help
-Diets can be conquered without suffering if you're in the right mind set
-Keeping track of what you eat and do isn't crazy or insane, it is smart and helps keep you accountable

Those who are reading my blog feel free to share with your friends! I can see that some of you already are!

No comments:

Post a Comment