Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A New Development

I have begun to check the workouts when they get posted the night before... This is something I often do because I'm beat after a long day at school. I haven't been getting home until after 5:00 which for me is weird because I typically can't function after 4. Anyway, I have been checking the workouts to see if I should go to Crossfit in the morning or not. For example, Sunday I spent the day with the bf and a friend canning peaches and strawberry jam. After being on my feet all day and my whole body aching, I decided to check the workout before deciding if I should get up and go or instead sleep in before the busy week.

Then something NEW happened... I saw the workout and was excited to go! Monday morning I was struggling to wake up. My phone decided to begin updating between snooze buttons. (I set 3 alarms and get to hit snooze on the last one once before having to actually get up) I began talking myself out of getting up but for some reason was so nervous that my phone wouldn't update in time for me to wake up again in time so I couldn't go back to sleep. I also tried to tell myself that I had nothing planned, I could just go on the way home from school. But then I also talked myself out of the afternoon idea because I really like the small morning class and the cooler temperatures. I know all the people, they are great, they are supportive, and there are less people in general so it isn't as crowded. It is also like 10 degrees cooler in the morning and even then it is often a hot and sweaty place when you get to working out.

I actually was more anxious about missing a great workout than I was about doing the workout. I talked myself into getting out of bed to make sure I made it to the morning class. This happened with less umph on Friday too! So strange...

In other news this weekend is supposed to be my shopping spree weekend but I will be out of town for the three days so clothes shopping will have to wait a little longer probably. One pair of slacks is in the works and seem like they will fit, I just have to work on the waist band part. Once they are done I should be able to whip up dress pants fairly quickly. They would take about 2 evenings if I actually put my mind to it. Especially since now I know what I'm doing.

This week I'm also a little heart broken about my weight. Friday I was down to 174!!! Kept it around there all weekend. Then Monday came and I was 177 again. Today was 178. My stomach has been horribly upset though and Monday wasn't pretty when I went to the bathroom before bed. I ate a lot of sugar and stuff I shouldn't this weekend so I'm thinking that did me in. It is back to restricting the diet to what was working again. Apparently sugar, rice, and almonds do actually affect me. That would also explain why switching to almond milk in my protein drinks wouldn't help with the weight loss. Good news is that I don't think any of the gain is actual pounds but instead just inflammation. Get back on track and that should drop off again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment