Monday, August 22, 2016

Life.

Life has been crazy busy. Students came back to school after back to school night followed by another back to school night to help advertise my side job as an ACT Prep teacher... This weekend called for some quiet down time. Thursday night I was so exhausted that I was barely functioning by the time I made it into bed, there was NO way I was getting up to kick my butt at Crossfit. It was a good thing too because by Friday night my legs were so sore from walking around all day. It was a rough week.

In the clothing adventures I purchased a pattern last week for dress slacks. They had some fabric on sale too so I figured why not just get everything?! Let's get a pair of pants made! Saturday I sat down to start making them and realized my measurements actually didn't fit with the sizes (12-18) in the pattern and I needed the larger pattern (20W-24W). This was a little upsetting but got me dressed and out to the store to also buy the pocket lining I forgot. While I was there I happened to notice that another brand of patterns were on sale so I went ahead and picked up one for jeans (can be used with slacks fabric too) that was less than $2. I had looked at it before but convinced myself not to spend the money. Then I set about making a mock up pair of pants. Nothing makes you feel fat like true sizing....

I measured. I planned. I picked out the size that should work. I dug out a bolt of ugly fabric that I could use to create my mock up pants. I managed to quickly get a pair of pants sewn and put them on! .... The 24W size that was the one to fit my hips is about 10 sizes to BIG. (Maybe not that much but it wasn't pretty either.) So I go back and I relook at all the stuff... nope, I picked the correct size. So I start doing research... Did you know that the patterns have an "ease" in them that adds inches? Yeah, this one has like a 3" ease all around. I went with my hip size because my hip/waist ratio doesn't conform to the patterns'. So the waist that I knew I'd have to take in an inch or two already actually needs like 5" taken in... Yep. Now I need the smaller pattern! Glad I didn't use the good fabric because no amount of taking in fabric is going to help. I made another set of mock up pants from the smallest size and I think they will still be too large but I'd rather take them in than let them out. Now I'm debating if I should go ahead and use the fabric or use the jeans pattern instead? Pants are on hold for a few days.

I ate like crap this weekend... and by crap I mean TASTY pizza. Today wasn't much better either but I'm working on the better food choices. The one thing I have learned from my fasting and then the crazy Candida Diet is that I'm really not as hungry as I think I am. I try using food as a distraction and it causes problems like that. I'm often able to convince myself I'm not hungry by doing an activity of some sort and/or drinking a lot of water. My water intake isn't what it should be and so that is helping there too. Originally I was supposed to start counting calories this week but I think I will push that off till next week and instead work on getting my body used to school and eating on a set schedule again.

The bf and I did go to the fancy tea place in town and I purchased some Summertime Peach tea to drink. It is tasty and something different from water or sweetened drinks. I did add some stevia but I figured half a teaspoon for 32 oz isn't that bad. I may need to go buy some more next weekend too. I just wish they had it in decaf.

More to come later. Hopefully this week isn't nearly as busy as last week but I feel that it will be since school has started up.

No comments:

Post a Comment