Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Candida Diet

Well, I have done more research on the Candida Diet along with the ALCAT test I had done and a plan has been created. It is going to suck.

The Candida Diet is pretty much sugar free (no sugar, no fruits, no starchy veggies) along with no legumes, grains, or dairy. Of course there are exceptions in each category. My ALCAT test results say pretty much all meats and lots of veggies but mostly those that are legumes, starchy, or high in sugar... This is NOT helpful. I also read up on the ALCAT more and all foods not in the "green" category should be avoided for about 3 months to allow the body to flush things out and rebalance. Between the two diets that leaves me with lettuce/greens (but not spinach) and celery pretty much for veggies. After the 3 months I can add in "yellow" foods once every 4 days or so and the other categories should be farther apart than that.

So, my plan is currently strict no sugar and the Candida Diet to the best of my abilities for at least two weeks. At the end of the two weeks we will reevaluate and see where we are at. If everything is fine then I will add fruit and other veggies back in so I can actually eat more variety.

Also, just have to say how excited I am to eat all sorts of meat again! I had been limited to pork, turkey, and fish. Now all things are fair game! (Except lobster and halibut that I'm ok without anyway) This week's dinner menu includes CHICKEN for the first time in three years!!! (minus once which led to diarrhea for 3 days) That will be the night before two days off before returning to school. I'm excited beyond belief to have purchased chicken and beef tonight!

I also made my first ever batch of granola! It makes plain greek yogurt edible but doesn't make it something I will be dying to eat. It is something though!

No comments:

Post a Comment