Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Some are better than others

Sometimes when you get a compliment you just feel that some are better than others. For example, when you have complained to your friend for a week about your diet and frustrations with weight and clothing not fitting and then your friend compliments you on how good you look, you hesitate to trust it is a true, heartfelt compliment. We all do it.

Today something happened that was different and made me happy... I was complimented by one of the Crossfit coaches who usually wouldn't say anything and in the middle of a workout. In the middle of a 10 min EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute) workout she looked at me and said, "Patricia, you're looking skinny!" I was shocked! Why yes, I am looking damn good! Now I just want to give compliments to everyone for something. Compliments make everyone feel better.

Also, I rocked today's workout. I may have kept the weight 40 lbs under what was prescribed but I still rocked it. This is on top of running on the treadmill yesterday AND hiking up a flight of stairs with kids every class period. Today I actually debated going for a jog around the block before eating dinner but then I remembered I'm running on the treadmill in the morning, I'm tired, my legs hurt, and I'm hungry. So instead I'm taking it easy and will see how I feel in the morning for if I do the scheduled workout (came with a 5k I signed up for and is easy) or if I'm going to push myself. I have noticed my speed increased.

Plus, I'm toying with the idea of signing up for a Marathon Relay. It depends on cost and such but I'm thinking it would be fun. I have no desire to run a marathon or even a half, but doing a piece of the relay would be fun. Still doing research and seeing who might be interested in running.

No comments:

Post a Comment