Monday, August 8, 2016

I missed a workout and I'm not upset!

So yesterday I was still a little sore from Friday's workout. Surprisingly I have been sore from workouts but it hasn't been as bad as it was when I started Crossfit in April. For example, in April when I started there were days where I could barely walk down the stairs and up them depended on the railings WAY more than they could probably handle. This weekend, my legs were sore but it only slowed me down a little while walking or when I was trying to get in or out of a vehicle. The ability to still walk and function at about 70-80% really helps with my mental state.

Friday was a shoulder killer (Wednesday wasn't nice to the shoulders either) and my shoulders are still feeling it. When I sit, like driving, there are times when my shoulder just tenses up and I have to try and stretch it out. My calf randomly cramps up too even when I'm standing! I blame bad shoes on concrete floors on Saturday for that though. So before I went to bed last night I checked the workout to see what I should be prepared for...

First there is always a warm up, then a different warm up that isn't on the site. Today was a skill day with something listed that I didn't know so I googled. Hollow Rocks? Yeah, those don't look like my back would be happy but they should be doable. Then the workout.... 60.... SIXTY...... SIXTY!!!!!! burpees.

That's it. That's the workout. SIXTY burpees. I can't do 10 in a row how am I supposed to do 60?! Seriously?! On a good day that would take me over about an hour. Really it would because I can't breathe and have to break. But on top of that I don't have the arm strength to hold myself up for any amount of time in a pushup position how am I supposed to do 60 burpees?!

Instead I decided to take another rest day and set my alarm for 7:00 instead of 4:30, 4:45, and 5:00. When I woke up I started to feel bad even though I know IF I could even finish the workout I wouldn't have felt that good about how I did anyway. Then I stepped on the scale.

One Seventy Eight!!!!! 178!!!! 1 7 8!!!!!!!! That's not just down to 180 (I was 181.6 Friday morning and haven't seen 180 in awhile) but below 180. And far enough below 180 that it isn't just a fluke. I might be more tomorrow but at most I would be 180. This weekend I wore some shorts that usually give me a good sized muffin top but didn't this weekend. I was hopeful but figured I was just imagining things. Turns out I actually did lose some weight. So long processed sugar!!!! I don't think I will be bringing it back for a long time. Keeping out sugar was the only change I made. I still ate peaches. I ate foods I'm not supposed to be eating according to the ALCAT.

I may not have made it to workout this morning but I lost almost 4 pounds this weekend!!! That is way better than yesterday. Also, I stuck to my diet and my planned meals today. I'm proud of myself for that and am excited to see what follows. Only about 5 more pounds and my waist should fit in my old pants... quads will be a different story, but that's for a different reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment