Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 5: New Recipes

So after I finished yesterday's post I realized what I was going to make as my week 5 resolution! This week I will begin to try at least one new recipe each week for the rest of the year, and maybe beyond. I feel like I am a pretty adventuresome person already with recipes and especially with giving up processed sugars, new recipes come into play. But I also stick to my basics that I like and keep using over and over so this should add more to that list.

This summer I started a composition notebook of recipes that I find and like. I have tried to keep it down to processed sugar free recipes, but I know that at least the recipe for caramel popcorn balls made it in there... but it is a really awesome and easy recipe I just do not want to lose it! Someday I will make them for other people, not myself of course. I plan on this sugar free thing going for quite awhile.

Today I started this new resolution with Fry Bread. My sis and brother in law made it yesterday with a recipe they had and it was pretty good. When considering ingredients it is kind of like fried biscuits, but they are better in their own way. It is a Native American thing and we made a test batch for what they call Indian Tacos. Basically chilli, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and such toppings on a piece of fry bread. Today we made them for dinner, I did most of the work, using a recipe I found online last night. Probably not the healthiest things for you, but they are good. Here is the recipe in case someone reads this blog and wants to know what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment