Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Birthday Update

So today is my birthday... along with at least three other people I know. Do I feel different? Yeah, but I think that's from the new vitamins, strongly recommend them. But otherwise, no. It is just another day. My sister has class, I am watching my nephew, the chicken for dinner was bad so I had to come up with a backup, I am doing webcast for my home income opprotunity. Life is just going.

Today started out awesome though and then just got average I would say. I woke up and my boyfriend gave me my birthday present. Since we got together (5 months ago tomorrow) I have joked about winning the "girlfriend of the year" award. Over the summer I brought cookies to his co-workers and friends, I cook for him, I clean his apartment, I am just all around awesome I think. So, for my birthday he got me a personalized plaque to hang on my wall. It is gold and on it is "Girlfriend of the Year Award", my name, "presented by" his name, and my birthday. It really made my day. I think it's awesome and extremely thoughtful.

I am writing this between webcasts and thought I should provide an update on how life is going so far with my 2 resolutions. Week 2 with no more plastic bags is going great! I have also only been to the store once. I bought a bag (half mesh, half plastic that they were pre-packaged in) of clementines, some string cheese, and some granola. I just carried it right out to my car and was very proud of myself.

The sugar on the other hand is not hard, it is just making sure I have things I can eat around. That is mostly the reason for my short, snack list I bought at the store. I will not lie though, cravings happen. But not really a craving for anything in particular, just something sweet. I feel as though people usually give in with a candy bar or a piece of candy or something else. Let me tell ya, do not underestimate the power of fruit! Eat an orange, drink a glass of 100% juice, snack on raisins, eat some applesauce with cinnamon (but no sugar added), do anything and you would be surprised. My favorite go to right now is Bolthouse Farms Berry Boost. It is not just juice, it is a smothie! It is not exactly cheap, but it is worth it. I only really drink it straight out of the bottle and that is when I am running late and need breakfast, or for a quick craving snack. When I do drink it, it is only ever a gulp or two so it last me a little while and it does not go bad very fast. It is pretty cool.

I was a little sad when my boyfriend left to go get Dairy Queen, but I appreciate the fact that he is going to eat it all before I get to his house in an hour or so. I did look up Spoon Me since one just got built and they do not use sugar! Yay! Then after reading some more, they do not, they use fructose. Fructose is the same sugar that is in fruits and such, but it is also not put in the Spoon Me frozen yogurt in the fruit form. It has to be processed a bit to get there so it gets counted as a processed sugar and is therefore off limits. Soon I will have to make some honey ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment