Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life is Getting Crazy

So, substituting is not a whole lot of money. It is not horrible money either, but it is not paying the student loan bills and living expenses and all that. My home income opprotunity is starting to pick up and although it does not really require a lot of work, it does require some time. So I have been working on that in the days I have off and I also applied to work at a big box hardware kind of store in the area. I do not want SOPA coming after me so I will not mention any names.

I went in for an interview on Monday and the HR manager was not there, but I was interviewing with a department manager anyway. Let me just say that I feel after waiting 45 min for him to be done with something right across the hall and him never stepping in when he was done was long enough to wait. So I left my number with customer service and left. The HR manager called me today and apologized and wanted to reschedule. As much as I wanted to say "no thanks, he has wasted enough of my time," I really could use the job. So I almost went right away, but he was gone from the building for some reason that she did not even know and so we scheduled for tomorrow right after I am done substituting. If he is not there tomorrow at that time, I will probably tell her that I would like to just not be considered for that position. I had applied for two and I would be ok working under the other guy that interviewed me, but not for someone who would waste my time twice. So we will see how it goes.

Then, after the interview tomorrow I have to rush to be on the phone for a training for someone who signed up with this awesome opprotunity! And then rush to do a webcast for one, possibly two others who are interested in hearing more. Hopefully that does not run too long so I can make it to a dinner with some of my old high school friends at 8pm. After all that I wish I could say I will be sleeping in on Friday, but nope. Instead I am getting up to work out with my friend at 7:30am. Here soon working out will be added to the list of resolutions for this year, but currently I know it would no work out. Next week I am going to my sister's house far far away and in the middle of nowhere so working out would not be an option for right now. I do plan on bringing my computer and getting in a few blog posts so be prepared to hear about the crazy nephews!

I also do not know what to do for this coming week's resolution. So far all the others are going great! But I did take like two gulps of sweetened tea the other night. My nephew wanted some and i filled his glass too full so I just gulped it really quick. If it makes you feel any better it was gross! I at one time was in the habit of drinking sweet tea because that is the only kind my sister makes, but this was so gross from all the sugar in it.

And, while babysitting tonight I turned down eating an ice cream sandwich! Go me! It was not even a hard decision to make; it just did not sound good at all.

I did use a plastic bag today, but it was one we already had at the house and I used it for a lunch sack, brought it back home, and put it back with the other bags to be used again another day... probably tomorrow's lunch. And, because I also ruled out the cups at the school that teachers get with their free unsweetened tea from week 3, I remembered to bring my own re-usable cup with me and fill it up at lunch! I am pretty proud of myself so far for keeping up with them.

Any suggestions for week 4's resolution? or any in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment