Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Travels Day 1

So today I flew to the Northwest to visit my oldest sister, her husband, and their two kids. This is the first time I have ever been to their house and honestly, been in this area since they got married in 2005? It is a little different than I expected and will be an interesting week and a half.

I did good when traveling though. I was at the airport and through security by 7am with my flight leaving at 8am. So I picked up lunch at Starbucks. Why Starbucks, no, it is definitely NOT because I love their coffee, I actually HATE any coffee or mocha flavored anything. I chose Starbucks because they were the first place I saw which had something other than sugary pastry or muffins or bland bagels with cream cheese. I dislike cream cheese  on my bagels and only really love the sugary pastries, so a bowl of fresh cut fruit it was with a Naked Orange Juice and a water. $12 later I was sitting at my gate eating my fruit and ready for my day.

I flew into Salt Lake City for an hour layover and decided to get some more food. The fruit had worn off, but I still had a full bottle of water. I walked by a California Pizza Kitchen, something I miss dearly from college, and headed to my gate in a different terminal. Used the bathroom over there since the one were we got off the plane was packed, and headed back to CPK to get a margarita pizza... YUM! I get my pizza, walk all the way back to my gate, sit down and about five bites in first class begins loading on the flight. Our flight was pretty empty so after about two people they just opened it up to everyone. After scarfing down my pizza I got in line only to have that feeling like I am forgetting something.

I was, my winter coat. I had put it in a different overhead bin than my carry on and when you go to college in a tropical place, you get used to not traveling with a coat... ever! So I rush to the desk, ask if there is a way to get it. They called my gate where I got off at and it was sitting on the counter there. So I ask to leave my carry on, because I also had my back pack, and ran all the way back to the other gate in a different wing of the airport. Turns out I ran to the wrong gate, freaked out because there was no coat and nobody there. Go to the gate across the way and freak out and they look it up for me and I was at the wrong gate, I needed to go two more down. Rush over to that one and there it was, sitting on the counter. I grab it, turn around and look across to the other wing where I can see my plane with all the people boarded and the luggage was still being put underneath. So I rush back to the gate and get my carry on and board the plane. I was the last one on and I had definitely gotten my heart racing with some bursts of running through all of this. But, I was safely on the plane, with my coat and all my stuff and ready for a nap. I slept from the time we reached cruising altitude to the time we started our initial descent, so about an hour.

Then my sis starts asking me what I want to eat. Let me just say now that I despise McDonalds and have grown to think their food is horribly disgusting. She rattled of things like McDonalds, Burger King, and a few others before we got to Subway. I chose Subway. Even if I liked their food, Subway would be best on my stomach after a day of flying. But I was smart and made healthy choices and stuck to my resolutions.

I did eat two med pieces of lasagana at dinner tonight, but I know that for breakfast my options will probably be a lot of sugary cereal or some sort of toast... Probably will go with buttered toast and be hungry pretty early in the day. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment