Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Birthday Dinner

So, I cheated. I went out for my birthday to a restaurant that I have not been to in over two years. I used to go more often when I was in high school and loved their food! I still get the same thing... chicken fettuccine alfredo. It comes with unlimited salad and bread sticks and I always get strawberry cheesecake for desert. The salad was pretty good, but I think they changed their dressing recipe a little. The bread sticks were TO DIE FOR!!!! even though they come frozen. The chicken in my pasta tasted microwaved and had no color even under the alfredo sauce. I was disapointed a little in my main dish. Then came time for desert. I debated all afternoon about cheating my no sugar thing or not. A lot of things do not taste the same as I remember them once you get used to less processed and no sugar foods. But would this cheesecake live up to the memory I had of it? Would it be worth it? I have not had cheesecake in a while now and would it be worth it?

Oh, it was worth it. I shared with my boyfriend and every bite was worth the tummy ache later. That is right... when you cut out sugar and then you eat a lot of sugar, you get a tummy ache. It kind of sucks, but at the same time is another deterrent to not cheat on my resolution. I got my cheesecake and then I was done. No more cheesecake!

But, the original reason for this blog is my boyfriend is making sure I blog about something I did today. I got to eat hot wings (never really have sugar in them) and I always eat ranch on my wings. I just like the flavor. So I pulled out my favorite veggie eating ranch ever! Kraft Cucumber Ranch... mmmm.. Well, guess what has 2g of sugar in a 30g serving? yep... so I just did about a third of a serving and just dipped a tiny bit onto my wings. So, technically I cheated on that today too, but it was like 0.67g of sugar if that.

No comments:

Post a Comment