Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Today was one of THOSE days

You know. The day where nothing seems to go right? The day where you question if you're good at your job? The day where you look around and ask yourself why things haven't evolved into what you hope for? The day where you just want to curl up on the couch and cry? 

We all have them. Today was just one of them. 

It started after waking up excited to see data on my progress. I can feel lees giggle so the numbers have to show something right?! Step on the scale... Up 3 pounds from last week. Ok. I'm gaining muscle. Measure my bicep... Gained back the .5" I had lost. Really? Half an inch? Come on, it is probably just a measuring fluke. Chest is still the same even though I'd LOVE to see some loss there. Seriously... I could lose a little.... Torso... Gained back the .5". *sigh* Waist went from 40" two weeks ago to 38.5" last week! Back to 40" this week.... *sigh again* I also found one of the inches I had lost on my hips and still holding on the thigh. 

Body measurements aren't everything. That's dumb to think. Same with the number on a scale. I feel less giggle! That's a step! 

Then I turned around to pick out something to wear. It was anothe morning trying to figure out another outfit that doesn't require a real waistband. No dress pants for me... that would require the ability to button them. Do you know how heartbreaking it is to not be able to button your pants? Sure I have a pair or two of jeans that I can fit into but as a teacher I try not to wear jeans daily. Plus, I'm down to one pair that doesn't have holes or thin patches in them and that's the smallest pair. 

Then I get to school and I kid you not.... I look over during the first class and two kids are trying to lick their elbow. Seriously. How do you even respond to that?! And that is the best way to describe the kids today. A girl asked me what you call the bone in your chin and didn't believe me when I told her "that's your jaw." I started grading some solid, liquid, gas diagrams that I had them do and some seriously don't make sense at all! I gave them the answers in a short reading in case they didn't remember all the info. It was just a long, continuous face palm kind of day. 

Then something else came up and the thought of "just go buy new pants!" was rolling around in my mind. That sparked the whole thought path about not having money. I know they told me I wouldn't make money as a teacher. I get it. My choice. But I save. I do pretty darn good too. Just when I get some saved something happens though. I bought a house! Woot! The next month I needed a new differential on the car. That was my back up savings there. I get a raise! That's how I paid for the trip to Jamaicia for the Bestie's wedding. Trip paid for and taken care of and then I get my tax return! Yep, that's going to replace the back up savings I used. Parents decided to help out and pay off my loan to my grandma! Now that money goes towards the credit card debt I have (not a whole lot). Next will be the student loans. I also got a summer job that should be paying $6000!! Woot! That's a new laptop to replace the one that is a zombie it is so past dying. And the rest? That should take care of the credit cards and a student loan. I know, I live on the wild side. 

So why is it I always feel behind? Why am I always playing catch up? I hate this game. Make more money you say. Get a second job. I can't survive the first one, how do I survive the second? Plus I have one... or three. I sell Jamberry and Thirty-one but hate pushing to the same 10 people who are in similar situations to mine. The third is a tutoring gig that so far has gotten me zero hours. But I am also helping with an ACT prep course... That still isn't really bringing in a lot of dough. 

So, today was not better than yesterday. Today was just one of those days. But, I did better at getting some grading done today so I was better at something. Tomorrow I will start it off right with a workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment