Saturday, April 30, 2016

Deadlifts

Today really was an easy workout. It is ironic because I had almost talked myself out of going. This weekend was brutal! We moved all the rock in the front of the house, dug up 5 bushes, planted raspberry bushes, laid weed fabric, and then put all the rocks back. That was just Saturday! Sunday consisted of hanging gutters, planting strawberries in the gutters, fencing the garden off, and transplanting most of the house plants. There are still a few things to do yet but they will have to wait. 

So I had almost convinced myself to just stay home. I had done enough heavy lifting this weekend that I deserved that right? Then came the guilt trip voice about how I am complaining about my weight and wanting to improve and stick this out. So I went. I have been faithful to three days a week since I started official classes, can't break the streak now. 

So today was a short warm up then working on maxing out back squats, strict press, and deadlifts. Back squats are interesting because today is the first day of doing them in a workout. I managed to get to 90 lbs! I really wanted 100 but we ran out of time and I don't know if I could have. The strict press was difficult! But made it up to 60! I went for 65 but that just wasn't happening today. I'm still impressed! 

Then came deadlifts... I can rock the legs so I knew I could get up there in weight. My mental goal was to break 100 for sure! So we started lighter and worked up. By the end I was at my max and had to dig out the calculator!! 155. That's right... I deadlifted 155 lbs of weight! Goal busted! 

On the other front though I'm still frustrated with weight. I cheated this weekend and ate a hamburger and a bun! 😳 For the first time in a long time I didn't think anything of the bun when ordering. Oops. So I ate it. It was so tasty after a long day in the sun working hard. But seriously, will I ever fit real clothes again? Tomorrow is the day to do measurements and so we shall see but I don't think there is much progress there. 

I was doing more research and it said 3-6 months to stop seeing weight gain. I REALLY don't want to keep gaining, no matter how slowly, for a few more months! So, starting tomorrow I'm more strict on the diet. Seriously. I know I keep telling myself that but I think this is where the old idea of a new resolution every week comes in. I'm no longer allowed to buy processed sugar or dairy. I can finish what I have, I can eat it at Jon's, but I'm not buying it again. 

Then I also read a little about intermittent fasting? I think I need to do more research and then try it out when my schedule goes back to more normal. 

I just need a win... I'd take any one of the following: pants buttoning, back under 175, and/or more definition. 

On the definition note, did you know there is a rather large muscle on your shin? I found mine this weekend. Now if only I could get more defined calves and thighs....

No comments:

Post a Comment