Wednesday, April 13, 2016

100 Shoulder to Overheads

100 Shoulder to Overheads.

Do you know what that means? That means I didn't wash my hair this morning and tomorrow is looking iffy too.

After a warm up that was alright and then 15 min to work on skills we got to the workout. For skill today I worked on jump roping. I knew we would be using a lot of upper body in the workout and that being my weak point I opted for some lower body. Jump roping makes your hamstrings burn. Like seriously BURN. Double-unders still escape me but I will get there one day. I'm just proud that I jump roped for the first time since like 3rd grade!

Then on to the workout: 100 shoulder to overheads with 20 lateral jumps on every minute. I tried to do just the 15lb bar but peer pressure made me add 2-10lb weights. I made it to 85 before I couldn't lift it anymore and opted for just the bar again. But, I did it! I did all 100!!! At about 80 it was time for more jumps (they turned into step overs at some point) and after the coach told me that it was my last set and I could be done. I told him no! I was going to get to 100 even if it killed me! Then my work out buddy was done so I had her strip her weights off her bar and finished using her bar.

Surprisingly I can still lift my arm! Just don't ask me to lift any weight or put pressure on anything. I can get the whiteboard eraser up but I can't erase the board because it requires too much effort.

Again... I did better than I did yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment