Friday, April 22, 2016

Box Jumps and 95 lb Dead Lifts

Today was a win. I needed a win. I got it!

During the warm up we were supposed to do box jumps. I know I can make it on the box. I know I can do it. Just somehow when I go to move I freak myself out! Even after I grabbed a weight to use as a little booster I just couldn't jump. One of the guys watching mentioned stepping into the jump. So step then hop up on the box. That was more hilarious than me trying without the step. Then I figured out that if I hopped onto the weight on the floor then I could do the jump onto the box. So there I was... bunny hopping into my box jumps. After about half of them I could do it from standing on the weight. No step, no hop, just a jump.

Then we did 5x5 dead lifts. I went all the way up to 95 lbs! I probably could have done 100 but figured we still had the workout and I didn't want to push it THAT far. That's exciting though. I'm almost in the triple digits for weight on something!

Then came the push-ups. Did I mention I face-planted my first few push-ups? Well, today I did THREE, chest to floor, full on push-ups in the warming up part. Then came the workout.
Today was:  400 m run, 25 push-ups, 25 hang power cleans.

Coach did allow me to decrease the weight for the cleans but only cut the push-ups down to 10. They were a struggle but I did manage to finish in 19:49! You also realize how great you are at running (although I'm still slow) when the 400 m run becomes your time to catch your breath.

So today I can honestly say... I was way better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment