Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2016

So it has been awhile since I added anything to this blog and in these past few years a lot has changed. I won't go into details about everything as this is about my resolutions for the year. So, instead just a brief intro to how 2016 has started:

I'm dating a guy who is awesome and very fit. We think a lot alike and enjoy similar things. He is awesome. 

I'm teaching 8th grade science. I love it. The kids are a hoot and as most middle school students are, are all over the place! But I like it and think I will stay here for awhile. 

Oh, a big event, I bought a town house last summer! It was in need of some updating so many projects were completed last summer and more are in progress and planning. 

Now, the reason why I picked up this blog again... Over the last few months I have gained weight. Like I was close to the weight that I never wanted to reach! Years ago I watched a show about the worlds fattest man and all the other TLC shows (is that still a channel?) about obese people and all I could think of was, "How do you let it get that bad?" It isn't like you wake up over night and suddenly you're 200-300 lbs heavier. Did they not notice? So I set 180 as my "do everything you can" weight. If I ever reach this weight then I need to start doing everything I can to get in better shape. Unless of course I was pure muscle which isn't me. 

So when I went from 165 to 175 in the matter of a month or two (DARN HOLIDAY SEASON!!) I figured it was time to do something. Then I had to stop denying that the scale read 175 just the other day and that 178 was just water weight. When 179 started to show up I began to panic. Literally. ONE pound away from my limit. 

This led me to look for some major changes. I have run TWO 5ks. Like ran the whole thing! Last one was for St. Pat's so not even that long ago! So it isn't like I wasn't exercising. Could I do more? Yeah. But what? My bestie got married in Jan in Jamaica and in looking at pictures from the reception my arms make me look kind of bad. So I decided I need to tone. I have leg/running muscles but I need to tone my upper body. This led me to checking out the local rec center prices so maybe I could go to the gym. I also checked out the BF's gym prices (NOT in a teacher salary range especially with how far away from me it is). I then thought about it and realized I tried the gym in HS and didn't see a whole lot of results. So how was I going to do things differently? I don't know anything about weight lifting! Besides that I always seem to talk myself out of the "hard stuff." So, that wasn't going to work. 

Enter Crossfit.

Yep. Crossfit. 

I signed up for the "on ramp" classes where they teach you everything you need to know and set out to tone my body and hopefully lose some weight. The reception is in May for the same wedding from Jan and I will be wearing the same dress so I want it to look better. I'm in my 2nd week of "real" classes and will write more about that in the next post. 

My overall resolution this year: Be better than I was yesterday. (Goes with every aspect of life)

No comments:

Post a Comment