Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Some Changes

So after completing my body measurements again this morning and seeing NO change... That's right... none, I contemplated a lot. (I actually started this last night after my workout since I know I am not seeing the change I want.)

Diet. 
Diet is supposed to be a huge part of weight loss and seeing physical change. I get that, I know that. In 2013 I had an ALCAT test done to test for food sensitivities. Once I stuck tot he diet I easily dropped 10-15 lbs. Just from diet! I wasn't getting a lot of exercise in those days... I know foods that are on my "no-no" list add to my weight. So much in fact that I know eating certain foods will make my pants unbuttonable (except right now all the dress pants are and jeans ain't pretty) and a few days of back on the diet works. 

Exercise. 
I found that as long as I stuck to the diet I could modify my weight about 5lbs-ish with exercise. After periods of no exercise I could drop 3-5lbs easily. Yeah, yeah, I know water weight.. but I could keep it off if I keep it up. 

So that's where Crossfit came in. Holidays came. I cheated on my diet. I ate a lot of things that weren't on the approved foods list and I paid for it. I also stopped taking birth control. I wanted to see what my body would do if I stopped. That and the one my new insurance covered would lead to spotting every time I took the pill even a hour off schedule. Sorry, I'm not going to be tied down to something like that just to avoid cramps. So I KNOW my hormones were crazy. After realizing I couldn't kick the weight and my hormones may have something to do with this I went to see an acupuncturist. Crazy right?! 

Well, it helped. My moods leveled out. I felt more calm. I handle stress better (most days) now. Overall I am just happier. I'm sure other life factors play a role, but it helped. But the weight came back, all 5 lbs I lost. I had also started drinking more water. There is an app Plant Nanny that I use and grow adorable plants by watering them as I drink water. It is adorable. I use it to make sure I drink enough. Dating a guy who drinks gallons a day... literally... like 4 gallons is his average... also helps. But, still not helping. 

It doesn't matter if I stick to my diet or cheat, drink lots or not, exercise or not. I can't kick this weight! So I figure I need a new workout routine. One that will kick my butt. That's why I picked Crossfit. I didn't do it because it was supposed to be easy. 

Now I'm on week 4 of Crossfit and I'm not seeing any changes. I did and then I gained it all back. I'm feeling changes. I know I'm getting stronger. I know there are muscles building. But I'm not showing those results. I'm not showing them on the scale. I'm not showing them with a tape measure. And unless you squeeze my legs, I'm not showing them on my body either. How am I supposed to reach my goals if nothing is changing? 

So I thought and thought. Here are some things I have thought of that I'm going to do: 

No more being lazy. I wake up at 5:00am for Crossfit at 5:30. I get home from Crossfit at about 6:45 ish and can still shower, eat, and all that and still get to school on time. So, the alarm is getting set for 5;00 everyday and I'm going to use the treadmill and at least walk, or take the dog for a walk, or jog, or something active for a minimum of 30 min in the mornings. Burn more calories. Plus, it will help with the next idea. 

Fasting. Years ago I used to read a blog, I Miss My Collar Bone, and she mentioned fasting. That's one thing I remember standing out and helped her to boost weight loss. (Somehow I failed to realize she was also doing Crossfit and Paleo eating... I don't remember any of that!) I started doing more research. There is a lot of good things to be said about it... hormone leveling, weight loss, fat loss, increased workout skills, etc. There are some negatives to watch out for too so I will be paying close attention to my body for sure. But, I feel like it might be something to try as mornings when I work out I'm not hungry when I need to be eating breakfast and typically force myself to eat something so I won't be hungry later. To start with I'm going to try just not forcing myself to eat breakfast if I'm not hungry. Then I can't eat lunch until lunch time at school so maybe I will be able to do this? It is worth a shot. And I promise.... I will stop if I feel dizzy, sick, have trouble thinking, etc. 

Paleo. Well, at least more paleo. I already skip the gluten. Since going to acupuncture I have also backed off on the dairy. Mostly now I just eat cheese on stuff and ice cream once in awhile. So, now we are going to eat what is left and then no more buying the stuff. No more dairy. No more cheese. No more processed sugar. No more grains. No more foods on the naughty list. If we want to see results then we need to get serious. 

We will give this a week to see if there are any changes. If no signs of anything then I will probably set another appointment for acupuncture to see if that can help. If there still are no changes then I'm going to see about getting the ALCAT done again this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment