Friday, July 8, 2016

Crazy Times

So far this summer has been crazy! I think this weekend is the first weekend I have nothing going on. For once I get to veg out and relax. Now, you would think this is counter intuitive to weight loss, and it is. But, I have been exhausting myself for over a week now and need a break! Over the 4th of July we (bf and I) drove about 16 hours to visit family, swim, play in the sun, fish, stay up late, and live vacation to the fullest! Then we drove back and hit the ground running. We arrived home at about midnight and woke up in the morning to each go to work. Luckily I was done with my summer program I am doing in a few short hours so I could crash the rest of the day. Then yesterday I hiked in the sun all day long. Not an issue except the sun is crazy here and I fried. I am about 10 shades darker than I was after a weekend in the sun. Today the heat got to me and I had issues going between indoors and outdoors while our teacher group was touring various places.

So, what do I do to relax? Well, first I nap. The amount of information I receive daily through the summer teacher program I am participating in makes my brain hurt. Every day I seem to nap just to allow all the information to settle. Then... start looking up classroom decoration ideas. Nothing says relaxing like planning for school to start up again in over a month! Teachers having summers off is a LIE! It starts with planning a lesson/idea to present about how I plan on using the information I'm learning. Then it goes to classroom decoration. Then perhaps how can I make my own decorations this year? Will it be easier? Will it look good? Do I really want to invest in those cheesy bulletin board letters? Yep, so working out is on hold to let my body recover but now the brain is getting a workout all weekend long!

No comments:

Post a Comment