Monday, June 27, 2016

It is good to have a schedule again.

Schedules are good for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I can go off schedule with ease! But, most of the time the structure gets me into routines and those are good for sticking to things. For example: Since starting my summer job I have managed to get up and work out or at least water plants. Take my vitamins. Work. Eat lunch at a decent time. Not snack all day long like I do when left home alone. I get more done too, most of the time. 

Sadly the working out part hasn't happened as much as I would like. I went last Wednesday and didn't quite rock it. I struggled quite a bit. But, I finished the workout and went about my day. The day after is the killer though! I could NOT walk by the end of the day on Thursday. This wasn't that great since Friday we were walking around and taking tours with my summer job. So Thursday evening I took the dog for a walk and did an easy 1.5 miles just trying to get the muscles working again. Friday morning I tried to jog the same route and my first jogging attempt had to be pretty funny to watch. Needless to say I didn't jog a lot but I did get moving to hopefully help a little. Thought about going for the workout but it was ALL quads and that is what hurt so bad. 

Saturday was also painful. I couldn't even touch my quads without pain. Sitting down, standing up, squatting, were all so painful. I was even worried enough that I googled about pulled quads. My symptoms were lacking so I just fought through it and tried to take it easy. By the end of day on Sunday my legs felt so much better and although a little sore I debated about working out. Then I saw it was literally all thrusters. Seriously. Oh, with like 2 pull ups between sets. Yeah... lets not hurt the same muscles again right away, I need to be able to hike on Wednesday. Also, thrusters use like every muscle in your body including your baby toe. I swear it to be true. Turns out I was so tired getting up wasn't even an option so instead I went and jogged a mile and then walked home the other half mile. Just something. And, although my app said it wasn't so, I felt like I went faster than normal. 

So, today my walking was better than yesterday. Sometimes it is just the little things, today it was the ability to walk/jog, positive mood, finding solutions, and trying a new recipe (for book club tomorrow so I'm not sure how it will taste yet). Go me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment