Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Exhaustion

Well, I'm exhausted.
Summer job is still awesome but so tiring. I finally made it back to the gym yesterday morning for the first time in almost two weeks. I was a baby and didn't push myself. My plan for this week is three days a week and then the week after next I will be able to go again and will be ready for my butt kicking.

I have also noticed some things that are making me really rethink the blood test for food intolerance I had done a few years ago. The original test was done because I couldn't stay awake and had to sleep or I ended up sick. I was so over it and decided to try the blood test that isn't cheap. Turns out it worked out pretty well! In the first few weeks I lost 10 lbs and felt a ton better. I have been toying with the idea of spending some of my summer job money on doing the test again... and then I realized YES I need to have this done again.

So in November I stopped taking birth control. I wasn't using as it is usually used (to prevent pregnancy) but instead was using it to control my periods. When I started taking it my cramps were so horrible and I wasn't too in tune with my periods in general. My insurance switched the kind that was available and every time I didn't take it right on schedule (not a big deal if you're not preventing pregnancy) I would have spotting. This was annoying and not worth the effort so I stopped.

Now, hormones? Yeah... those kicked in full gear and caused some issues. I turned REALLY cranky and continuously stressed about all sorts of things. Plus I gained some weight I couldn't take off like before. That was the beginning of all this weight gain and also what pushed me to try acupuncture. Acupuncture was awesome at balancing out the hormones! I was pretty happy with that but the weight didn't go all the way down. Near the end of the year I was getting more and more tired. More naps were involved. Less cleaning of the house. I kept telling myself it is just the end of the year and I need a break.

Summer is in full swing and I nap almost every day. I get so tired on the weekends too and am just exhausted! Then from traveling my stomach has been messed up some too. About a week ago I had an epiphany... maybe my food intolerance changed! The change could have been triggered by stopping birth control but also could have caused the gradual increase in weight and exhaustion. So, I made an appointment for next Thursday to have the testing done again. Then I called back and changed it to this Thursday.

I am exciting to have it done again and if they are as fast as they were last time I should have my results by Monday or Tuesday. THEN... if it is like last time, and I plan on adding sugar to my no-no list, I should easily be able to drop 10 lbs before school starts. I'm about 10 lbs from fitting my pants too!!! Only my quads are getting bigger from working out so a shopping spree is still planned. The money from my summer job has already paid off my credit cards and will be paying for a new laptop and the food test. Then some of it will be put into savings and I also have a bit set aside for clothes shopping. I don't have clothes to wear but I KNOW I can lose the weight and HAVE to lose the weight to stay healthy so I don't want to just throw money away on clothes to shrink out of. After the back to school rush on shopping I plan on having lost enough weight to buy a new wardrobe.

Today I was better at getting out of bed on a day I didn't work out and on getting stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment