Thursday, July 28, 2016

I'm not the only one!

I went on the final trip of my summer "job" and it turns out I'm not the only one who has a number! I'm not crazy! I'm not the only one!

Through peer pressure I went running both mornings of the trip (the second morning was rough and should have been a rest day) and in talking to the other two teachers I went with it turns out having a weight that scares you isn't that crazy. One reached 201 lbs and went home and began running. She lost 60 lbs and has kept it off for ten years. Now she tries to run everyday. The other lady? She too saw how much she weighed and in January started making healthier choices and running. Now she is down 45 lbs and is still going and it took her getting over a weight she never thought she would get to. So apparently it isn't crazy to have a number that scares you. That makes you want to do everything you can to make the number go lower.

I feel bad about not talking to my friend anymore and one of her last texts to me said something about it being crazy and not right that I had such a fear of a number. Turns out it isn't that crazy after all! That makes me feel a little less guilty or upset by not talking to her. This is about me. This is about my number. This is about me doing what is good for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment