Monday, April 2, 2018

I needed that!

Oh man did I need that break!

Spring Break as a week spent puppy sitting, gardening, enjoying the sun and warmth, enjoying the snow, (it is Colorado...) enjoying the grill, food prepping breakfasts (made 11 doz? egg muffins of different sorts), baking all sorts of rye bread experiments, and quality time in pj’s watching nothing on tv! It was a vacation well spent doing as little as possible and that’s what I needed.

Today I started April off to a good start. I decided for now and the next 7 1/2 weeks (I mean who is really keeping track that I only have 36 more student contact days left?! Lol) to set weekly goals and if I accomplish them I earn a star for the day. Not sure what I want to bribe myself with just yet but just giving yourself a star is sometimes enough to drive you!

This week’s stars are earned by 1) limiting myself to one sweet snack a day, 2) getting at least 30 min of dedicated exercise time, and 3) meeting my 8,000 step goal. Seems like 2&3 should go together and that’s ok. Eventually I’ll probably up the steps to 10,000 but for now 8,000 is a good goal.

Today I got my butt out of bed and rolled into the gym locker room at 4:45 in the morning! Going to try to do it again tomorrow to do some treadmill or elliptical for “active recovery” since I also read a few books about exercising and HIIT in particular over break. (Not sure when I became a super reader but I can FLY through books if I’m interested.) Then rose the transit to school. After that I went to do the SAT Prep course and now am on my way home. I should get there about 9:00pm. Sixteen hour day isn’t too bad... one more tomorrow then the prep course is done for the year!

I didn’t get to the gym as much as I wanted to over break but I’m starting these last couple months of school with a good attitude. I can do this! I just need to master the diet and exercise making it a priority and my mood should stay better making everything better. I like being a positive person and I hate it when I backslide into feeling so down.

No comments:

Post a Comment