Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Today was somewhat better than yesterday

I need to get back to my better than yesterday campaign.

Yesterday sucked. It was one of those days where you just want to curl up into a ball and cry. Only that’s hard to do when you’re stuck on a bus in traffic, your ride has to leave you to get to school, you have to take a bus and then walk over a half mile to arrive to school 15 min late. Good thing they gave first period plan to the other team this year! So that all pretty much set the tone for me feeling horrible and like a burden on everyone.

Today was better. I drove myself to school and had an hour extra in peace to lesson plan up until spring break. That helps put my mind at ease a little more. Students were working too so I was able to get some other things prepped throughout the day. Then worked the SAT prep course again tonight and now it is a long ride back home.

I wanted to get to the gym but that isn’t going to happen. Maybe tomorrow? Except we have stuff to do. Thursday? Oh, wait... on the interview committee till probably 6. Friday? I’ll be stuck in traffic and after a long Thursday I won’t feel like it. I’ll try again next week...

Today I did manage to avoid sugar! Trying to get that going again. May have ate a lot yesterday to try and eat my feelings and then had a big cup of hot chocolate. Today was just some jerky that has sugar in it and some chai tea sweetened with maple syrup. If I can’t do the gym thing then at least I can do the diet part right?

I know I just need to get out of this funk and diet typically helps. That’s the one thing right now I can do something about. One step at a time. Don’t have to be perfect, just better than yesterday.

*types without proofing on the bus and on my cell phone... deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment