Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I skipped a day...

I skipped Monday's workout. Didn't go in the morning or the evening. There is a little guilt, but I think it was for the best.

Friday's workout was a KILLER!!! Seriously... I did a total of 500 jump ropes, 30 sit-ups, 2 min total of planks (I broke it up), and 200 squats. Needless to say, my quads were BEAT. I then went to school and jumped on a charter bus with the band kids to chaperone their overnight trip. Saturday was when I really started to feel it. I could barely get on the bus without using the hand rails. At one point I grabbed a case of water, got my foot on the first step and then had to yell for one of the parents to come get it from me because I physically could not step up with the extra weight.

Sunday I slept. A lot. I went to bed about 10:30 Saturday night and slept till almost 9 the next morning. Normally I'm up by 7 at the latest. Then I laid down for a nap at about 12:30 and slept till almost 4! I was in bed and asleep by 8:30 that night and slept all the way until 4:45 when my alarm starts to go off for working out. I had convinced myself that I would work through whatever they gave if it wasn't a lot of quad work. When I woke up I saw it was ALL quad work with weight! Yeah, that wasn't happening... I walked the dog for an hour instead. That way I got some exercise and I was able to hopefully loosen the quads a little.

Today I woke up and made sure I went. I looked and it was an "easy" workout so no excuses this time. Also, when I say "easy" work out I mean it is one that will still kick your butt only it is a slow and less quick butt kicking. I survived. 13:30 to do 10 rounds of 10 wallballs and 5 pull-ups. (Jumping pull ups of course but they are easier than before!!!)


Last week I also broke down and bought new pants. I got a pair of dress pants (open house thing next week), a pair of crop pants (something school appropriate since I don't like wearing shorts to school), and a pair of shorts (for chaperoning the field trip). The whole time wearing the crop pants and shorts I fought to keep them up! So annoying when you buy new pants so they fit and they keep falling down. Now I need a new belt.

So far there is some weight loss. I will try to update the measurements I took yesterday and last week. As of right now though I have been EXACTLY the same weight three mornings in a row... strange, But, it is 3 lbs lighter than what was showing on the scale so I will take it!

Today's win is the fact that 5 jumping pull-ups in a row at the end of 10 rounds was a breeze! Way better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment